Discover our new Community Building Retrofit initiative
From libraries and recreation centres to arenas and swimming pools, community buildings support vibrant, healthy communities and provide residents with access to important social services. The challenge is that these facilities also use a lot of energy and can stress municipal operating budgets. Optimizing the performance of existing community buildings can help your municipality lower energy costs, and improve the delivery of community services, while reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
To help you get started with your next community building upgrade project, the Green Municipal Fund (GMF) has launched a new $167 million Community Buildings Retrofit (CBR) initiative. This initiative helps municipal governments and non-profit organizations that own and operate community recreational and cultural facilities to implement retrofits that will save money and reduce GHG emissions over the full lifespan of the buildings.
In this webinar recording, you will:
- Explore the benefits of retrofitting community buildings, including success stories from municipalities who have completed similar projects.
- Discover how GMF can support your community building retrofits, from funding for energy monitoring, building commissioning, studies and capital projects to capacity-building activities and resources.
- Identify next steps to begin work in your community.
- Juliana Fanous, Project Officer, Sector Development, GMF
- Patrick Kehoe, Advisor, Programs Outreach, GMF
- Yvonne Ritchie, Project Officer, Capacity Development, GMF (moderator)