Grants of up to $500,000 to cover up to 50% of eligible costs.
The following entities are not eligible to receive funds directly:
Federal government entities and any organizations established by those entities
Provincial and territorial government entities and any corporation that they own or control
We fund exceptional pilot project proposals that demonstrate clear market transformation potential and are otherwise ineligible for capital funding. This funding supports implementation of a small-scale version of a local financing program for home energy upgrades.
For full details, please review our application guide.
- A community energy, sustainability or climate action plan, or similar, that identifies energy efficiency and renewable energy in the residential sector as a priority area for action
- Evidence of having completed detailed program design work
Funding is subject to availability. We reserve the right to make changes to eligibility criteria and the types of projects funded through this offer.
How to Apply
This funding has a three-stage application process:
- Stage 1: Review the application guide.
- Stage 2: Complete the initial proposal form and submit it to GMF to confirm your eligibility as an applicant and the eligibility of your project. Applicants will receive a response within 15 business days of receipt of initial proposal.
- Stage 3: Eligible projects will be invited to submit a full application.
If you are not eligible to apply, sign up for our e-newsletter to stay informed about other funding opportunities.
Sign up for alerts whenever a new funding opportunity is added.
Get alerted anytime a new funding opportunity is added to see if you could be eligible for more funding on your projects.
Need help to see if this is the right funding for you?
Contact our Outreach team who can answer any questions you have relating to this funding opportunity.