Grants of up to $175,000 to cover up to 80% of eligible costs.
The following entities are not eligible to receive funds directly:
Federal government entities and any organizations established by those entities
Provincial and territorial government entities and any corporation that they own or control
Lay the groundwork for a home-energy upgrade financing program by documenting the details needed to obtain approval from your local government. A design study builds upon market intelligence and research, including feasibility studies, by advancing a program design that meets local community needs and municipal priorities.
Based on the needs of the applicant, a program design study may address the following design considerations:
- Eligibility criteria and target audience
- Program delivery models
- A program theory logic model outlining how the program will intervene to address local barriers, generate energy savings, and support market transformation
- Application of the EnerGuide Rating System and relevant requirements for program participants
- Program setup and administration
- Program implementation plan
- Client journey and application process
- Legal and risk issues
- Risk identification and management strategies
- Contracting and procurement
- Financing terms and conditions
For a full list of considerations, please review our application guide.
- A community energy, sustainability or climate action plan, or similar, that identifies energy efficiency and renewable energy in the residential sector as a priority area for action
- A completed feasibility study (or equivalent) that recommends one or more financing options for detailed program design
Program design studies are a prerequisite when applying for capital project funding.
Funding subject to availability. We reserve the right to make changes to eligibility criteria and the types of projects funded through this offer.
How to Apply
This funding has a three-stage application process:
- Stage 1: Review the application guide.
- Stage 2: Complete the initial proposal form and submit it to GMF to confirm your eligibility as an applicant and the eligibility of your project. Applicants will receive a response within 15 business days of receipt of initial proposal.
- Stage 3: Eligible projects will be invited to submit a full application.
If you are not eligible to apply, sign up for our e-newsletter to stay informed about other funding opportunities.
Sign up for alerts whenever a new funding opportunity is added.
Get alerted anytime a new funding opportunity is added to see if you could be eligible for more funding on your projects.
Need help to see if this is the right funding for you?
Contact our Outreach team who can answer any questions you have relating to this funding opportunity.