Is your municipality looking to drive climate action by reducing greenhouse gas emissions in municipally-owned buildings, but is unsure how to maximize time and impact, secure funding and partnerships, or how to get started?
FCM’s Climate Action Accelerator for Community Buildings will help up to 20 small and mid-sized municipalities take climate action within their building portfolios. Municipalities will advance a community building retrofit project idea or portfolio of projects—from concept ideation to planning—for project readiness and launch. This exciting three-day series will be led by the Climate and Cities team from MaRS Discovery District.
When is the Climate Action Accelerator?
This virtual workshop will run from 12-4 p.m. ET over three days, on the following dates:
- Wednesday, February 2, 2022
- Monday, February 7, 2022
- Wednesday, February 9, 2022
What you’ll get by participating
- Valuable tips and tools on how to get your project through the conception hurdles to be launch-and-pitch ready.
- 12 hours of project coaching and peer input through tried, tested and successful methodology for project ideation and development;
- Content across the three days will focus on:
- Day 1 - Discussing municipal climate goals, retrofit project challenges and ideation
- Day 2 - Identifying innovative opportunities to overcome barriers and get started
- Day 3 - Creating pathways and partnerships - from ideation to action and implementation
- A team-created portfolio of building retrofit projects for your municipality with identified goals, barriers and enablers that support moving the projects forward; and
- A team-created community building retrofit Project Concept and Brief, ready to move forward to be funded and executed, either through FCM or via other funding opportunities.
Got questions? Please contact Sharon Levitsky, Project Coordinator, Capacity Development, Green Municipal Fund (GMF)