Improving the energy performance of existing homes in Canada is an important way for municipalities to tackle climate change, save money, and invest in the local economy. But many homeowners struggle with the high upfront costs of completing energy upgrades. Municipalities of all sizes are ready to help—but don’t always know where to start.
Our introductory webinar will get you thinking through the early stages of designing a local home-energy financing program with GMF’s Community Efficiency Financing (CEF) initiative. This webinar aims to increase your awareness about the different delivery models, how to implement them, and how to draw important connections within your own communities.
What you’ll learn:
- The basics of delivering a home-energy upgrade financing program with the Community Efficiency Financing (CEF) initiative
- Key considerations for financing programs
- Energy efficiency financing tools currently in use today
- Draw connections between home-energy upgrades and community priorities
- Understand the diverse triple-bottom-line benefits
- Link your goals to your communities’ climate action plans
- Greg Fletcher, Chief Administrative Officer, Regional District of Mount Waddington
- Josephine Schrott, Project Manager, Ecotrust Canada
- Kevin Colvey, Director of Corporate Development, Saint John Energy
Webinar on May 26, 2022 from 1 – 2 p.m. ET.
Tell us about your experience on our new site! We'll be adding new content and improving greenmunicipalfund.ca throughout the coming weeks. If you find the site useful, or can think of ways to improve your experience, we invite you to get in touch with us.