Are you a funding recipient of the Green Municipal Fund’s Community Building Retrofit initiative? Are you looking to maximize the potential of your building upgrade project? Apply to our new Community Buildings Retrofit Advisory Service to learn from leading energy management experts in the country that can coach you on how to improve your community retrofitting project.
What is the Community Buildings Retrofit Advisory Service?
The Community Buildings Retrofit Advisory Service is a free knowledge and skills-building initiative tailored to your community’s specific needs, big or small, and to help your project achieve its best results. This service can help you:
- Improve energy performance of community buildings such as arenas and pools
- Improve stakeholder engagement and communicating among internal and external audiences
- Lower operating and maintenance costs over time
- Support project procurement and budgeting
- Bring your project from the feasibility stage to capital project implementation
- Understand your energy data by providing training in monitoring and analysis, building GHG benchmarks, and helping you make data-informed energy saving decisions
- Learn of practical low- and no-cost improvements to your facilities
- Develop strategies for maintaining building performance
Who is it for?
The Community Buildings Retrofit Advisory Service is available to municipalities with projects approved through the Green Municipal Fund’s Community Buildings Retrofit initiative.
Why enrol in this initiative?
Retrofitting a community building, or portfolio of buildings, is a complex operation that requires input from a range of users, decision-makers, energy managers and external consultants, and we know that for small and rural communities it can be daunting at times.
Through the Advisory Service, we’ll connect you with professionals from the energy management industry to help guide and support you through any aspect of your project, from learning about procurement best practices, to communicating your results to council, to learning about best practices for setting up and running your energy management information systems.
How does the application process work?
Municipalities are paired with advisors who can provide the specific support they need, while the program duration and follow-up help to ensure that the advisory service is effective in helping municipalities achieve their energy goals.
- Assessment: Project needs are assessed to determine areas of support most needed
- Matching: Municipalities are matched with advisors based on their capacity needs.
- Advisory support: The advisory service is offered for a minimum of 6 months, with the possibility of extending based on project needs.
- Follow-up: As projects progress through stages of development, advisors follow along and provide support as needed.
Have questions about the CBR Advisory Service?
Download the brochure or contact our Capacity Development team who can answer any questions you have relating to the CBR Advisory Service.
Contact Jonathan De Luca, Project Officer, Capacity Development
Have questions about Community Buildings Retrofit?
Contact our Outreach team who can answer any questions you have relating to this funding opportunity.
Book a meeting with a GMF advisor