Grants of up to $175,000 to cover up to 80% of eligible costs.
The following entities are not eligible to receive funds directly:
Federal government entities and any organizations established by those entities
Provincial and territorial government entities and any corporation that they own or control
Program evaluation studies help municipalities with existing financing programs for home-energy upgrades to:
- Assess the historical performance of those programs, and
- Identify opportunities to improve them
These studies are often undertaken at an interim stage or when the program concludes to determine the overall effectiveness and market receptivity of a financing program for home-energy upgrades and point to ways the program can better meet market needs. The findings also help to provide and justify recommendations to stakeholders and municipal decision makers.
Program evaluations include a consideration of the program impacts, as well as the program implementation processes, including the following elements:
- An evaluation of program processes to indicate if the program is being delivered as intended and recommend adjustments to improve effectiveness
- A review of the program logic model and comparison to the actual program delivered
- Information-gathering from relevant program stakeholders, including program staff, participants, non-participants, partners and trade allies (i.e., registered contractors)
- An evaluation of program impacts to provide insights on program performance to all stakeholders by comparing stated goals against actual performance (i.e., environmental, energy and economic impacts)
- Quantification of the program’s key performance indicators, such as energy savings, GHG emissions reductions, number of participants, and type and sizes of upgrades supported
- Recommended strategies for increasing uptake, investment and the scaling of environmental and energy performance impacts
- A community energy, sustainability or climate action plan, or similar, that identifies energy efficiency and renewable energy in the residential sector as a priority area for action
- Documented results from at least one year of implementation of an existing program
Funding is subject to availability. We reserve the right to make changes to eligibility criteria and the types of projects funded through this offer.
How to Apply
- Review the application guide. Make sure to look at the eligibility criteria and required document sections.
- Visit the FCM funding portal to create your profile and request a PIN to access the system. Already have an FCM funding portal profile? Skip to Step 3.
- Complete the pre-application form available on the FCM funding portal.
- Submit the form to GMF following the instructions in the application guide. Applicants will receive a response within 15 business days of receipt of the initial proposal.
- Eligible projects will be invited to submit a full application.
If you are not eligible to apply, sign up for our e-newsletter to stay informed about other funding opportunities.
Sign up for alerts whenever a new funding opportunity is added.
Get alerted anytime a new funding opportunity is added to see if you could be eligible for more funding on your projects.
Need help to see if this is the right funding for you?
Contact our Outreach team who can answer any questions you have relating to this funding opportunity.