Watch this webinar to discover options and strategies for using green stormwater infrastructure — or low impact development (LID) — in your community. You’ll hear experts explain how LID provides an effective, affordable solution to the challenges of conventional grey stormwater infrastructure.
This session touches on case studies from cities in North America. Featured success stories include the:
- City of Mississauga’s stormwater credits and incentives program
- City of Montreal’s use of green stormwater infrastructure in parks, parking lots and streetscapes
You’ll learn how:
- Policies and programs can be used by Canadian municipalities to implement green stormwater infrastructure across the landscape.
- Municipal stormwater charges can incent and enable LID at both the property and municipal level.
- To incorporate green stormwater best management practices, such as bioswales and bioretention, into designing urban parks, streets and parking lots.
- Clifford Maynes, Executive Director, Green Communities Canada, Peterborough, ON
- Dr. Victoria Kramkowski, Coordinator, Stormwater Charge Program, City of Mississauga, ON
- Mélanie Glorieux, Project Director and Associate, Groupe Rousseau Lefebvre, Montreal, QC
Community wide Implementation of Green Stormwater Infrastructure – Clifford Mayne
Mississaugas Stormwater Charge – Dr. Victoria Kramkowski
Integration in the urban fabric – Mélanie Glorieux