GMF envisions a Canada where clean water is accessible – and all water is protected, used and managed efficiently.
We give local governments access to innovative, technically and economically viable environmentally sustainable solutions to their water challenges. By leveraging our funding and training, GMF provides municipalities the means and resources to lead the transition to sustainable Canadian communities.
What we fund
- Stormwater quality improvement in community or municipal projects
- Water conservation in community or municipal projects
- Improved wastewater and septic systems
How it can help
Increase the quality of your community’s wastewater system:
- Remove contaminants from stormwater runoff
- Improve effluent quality
- Reduce potable water use
- Protect local bodies of water
- Increase quality of drinking water
- Lower CO2 emissions
- Reduce operating and maintenance costs
- Pass savings on to residents
The Green Municipal Fund is a $1 billion program, delivered by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities and funded by the Government of Canada.