GMF helps ensure active and low-carbon transit are accessible, efficient, safe, and convenient.
We give local governments access to innovative, technically and economically viable environmentally sustainable solutions to their transportation challenges. By leveraging our funding and training, GMF provides municipalities the means and resources to lead the transition to sustainable Canadian communities.
What we fund
- Reduction of fossil fuels in fleets
- Transportation networks and community options
How it can help
Invest in greener modes of transportation for your community:
- Test or scale-up transportation solutions in both municipal fleets and transit
- Assess financial and environmental performance, and social benefits in the community
- Build the business case for upcoming projects in sustainable municipal transport
- Demonstrate leadership in innovative public transit solutions and municipal fleet management
- Increase fuel efficiency of municipal vehicles
- Reduce municipal operating costs and pass savings on or residents
- Lower smog and GHG emissions
The Green Municipal Fund is a $1 billion program, delivered by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities and funded by the Government of Canada.