Through our unique mix of funding, training and resources, the Green Municipal Fund has been supporting sustainable municipal projects for over 20 years. Last revised in 2015, long-standing funding offer is now being updated to be flexible, adaptable and to maximize the impact of local climate action in communities of all sizes.
With our revised funding, we’re now better positioned to support Canadian municipalities in delivering high-impact projects that focus on net-zero emissions and prioritize biodiversity, sustainable materials management, and anti-racism, equity, inclusion, and reconciliation. With GMF funding, you can make local buildings more sustainable, electrify fleets, recover energy from waste, and so much more.
Our new funding areas include:
- Sustainable Municipal Buildings: Reduce GHG emissions and save on energy costs with net-zero new builds and deep energy retrofits
- Community Energy Systems: Meet community energy needs, increase energy efficiency, and build grid resilience
- Municipal Fleet Electrification: Reduce fuel costs and achieve corporate GHG reductions.
- Organic Waste-to-Energy: Recover value and energy from organic materials and landfill gas
- Net-Zero Transformation: Develop and demonstrate new, innovative solutions to support the municipal transition to net zero
Join us on Thursday, February 22, at 1 p.m. ET for a webinar discussing the changes to our funding, what kind of projects we’re looking to support and how to apply.
By participating in this webinar, you’ll:
- Learn about the new changes to our funding
- Increase your understanding about the types of projects GMF supports
- Discover the multiple co-benefits municipalities experience by completing projects with GMF funding
- Have the opportunity to discuss local climate priorities with GMF staff
- Athia Kabanguka, Advisor Programs, Outreach, Green Municipal Fund
- Stéphanie Bohdanow, Lead, Land Use, Sector Development, Green Municipal Fund