GMF supports sustainability projects that reduce energy needs and make energy production clean, affordable and efficient.
We give local governments access to innovative, technically and economically viable environmentally sustainable solutions to their energy challenges. By leveraging our funding and training, GMF provides municipalities the means and resources to lead the transition to sustainable Canadian communities.
What we fund
- Retrofits and new builds of sustainable affordable housing
- Retrofits and new builds of energy efficient municipal and community buildings
- Pilot and capital projects using recovered or renewable thermal energy in new or existing facilities
- Planning grants and feasibility studies for early-stage energy projects
How it can help
Implement energy solutions that deliver triple-bottom-line benefits to your residents:
- Reduce energy intensity and GHG emissions
- Accelerate energy savings and keep energy dollars in the community
- Increase energy affordability and building quality
- Increase home comfort, health and quality of life for residents
- Lower GHG and CO2 emissions
- Create local energy jobs
- Reduce heating and energy costs
- Increase quality of life for residents
The Green Municipal Fund is a $1 billion program, delivered by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities and funded by the Government of Canada.